Monday, February 2, 2009

Top 10 reasons I want to move to Portland

So I'm always scoping out places that I might want to move someday. It's hard to find an ideal place, but mostly I want to find a place where I can fit in, have a family, own a home, have some land, and somewhere where I can be generally content. I also want this place to be politically liberal but a family- friendly place where I can feel save raising kids. Portland is one of the cities that I think I might love. Have I been there? No. But here are some reason that, in theory, I want to move to Portland:

10. They have a ton of tree huggin hippies

9. Real estate prices are lovely compared to South Florida- maybe I could actually own a house! With a yard!

8. The Rose City Rollers are a pretty rockin league if you ask me

7. I can legally adopt there

6. I have some actual legal protections as a lesbian

5. Strong lesbian community there

4. It's very very green

3. It's very outdoorsy people friendly

2. The public transportation system is very efficient

1. It's far far away from the tropics

No comments:

Post a Comment