Friday, May 29, 2009

Widdling Yarn

So now that I'm moving to a place that actually has SEASONS, I can knit again!!! Before, there wasn't much to knit, living in the tropics and such. But now there will be a winter in St Louis, so I've already started knitting stuff in preparation!

Of course, I had to kind of reteach myself to knit. And then I realized is I really never evolved from basic stitches.

So, in true Me fashion, I made a list of knitting skills I am going to learn:

1.) Lace
2.) Cable
3.) Knitting in the round (just started a hat for April on circulars!)
4.) Knitting on dpns
5.) Knitting actual wearable stuff
6.) Adapting patterns

So far in the past two weeks, I've knitted a seed stitch scarf, started on a hat for April, made a mini Gabby for my mom, and now I'm starting on the Everyone's Doing It Shrug. I'm making it for my mom for her birthday at the end of the month.

I'll post pics of my work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment