Thursday, June 4, 2009

Birthday Gadgets!

I turned 26 on May 2oth. So now that I'm older than a quarter century, I think that I can officially talk about how old I am. I have been caught saying things like "I'm almost 30 years old!" at least 5 or 6 times. And it seems that now that I am so old, I'm acting it. I'm not really interested in drinking, partying, or being awake past midnight.

Yes, yes, I know I'm a "baby" blah blah.

One awesome thing about getting old is that I appreciate the cool stuff even more. For my birthday, I few really rockin gadgets from my two favorite ladies, my Mom and April.


I'll start with April's gift. Well, it really wasn't her idea. My old roommate upgraded her camera and go a new Canon 50D, leaving her poor Canon 20D cold, alone and neglected. So, she very nicely sold it to April for a really really really nice price.

I am now the proud owner of this awesome and very sexy girl. She's considered an upper level amateur camera and many pros use this beauty as a back up. You can look up the specs but it's 8.2 megapixels and shoots in RAW and JPG format. She also threw in a nice zoom lens that is lovely.

To accessorize, I bought a camera strap from Phatstraps.com . My first custom made one was going to be awesome. It had black skulls on it and blank minky lining. But USPS got it lost and don't get me into their crappy tracking system for standard deliveies. PhatStraps didn't have to, but because they are awesome, refunded me the price of the strap. So I went with an already made 40" strap that they had that looks like this, except with lavender Miky instead of Pink. I LOVE it!

I left my baby in St. Louis during my trip so I wouldn't have to check luggage on the way back. I wish I would have brought her though so I can stop to take some pictures on our drive up to St. Louis. I may have my dad ship her instead. We'll see.

Next, Id like you all to meet.... drum roll please... MOLLY!!!

She's an Acer One- also known as a netbook. It's 10 inches and it's adorable. It's not made to store much, having ony 1 GB, but I'm going to get a big Memory card or flash drive for it and transfer files to my external harddrive when things are getting full. Also we still have our two regular notebooks, although they are currently virus infected and I've only gotten one back to a some what usable state (unfortuantely, it's NOT the one with my new full Adobe suite, so I've been without all my yummy programs for a few weeks now).
I love her. My mom got one for herself and my grandma. My mom named her Malikai and grandma named her Mable? Oh I forgot what my grandma named hers. My mom named mine Molly. But for some reason there was a netbook naming emergency one day, per my Mom. And they all HAD to have "M" names. People wonder why I am like I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment