Monday, January 18, 2010

Retrieve: Part 2

So when I got home from work it was training time! Sid sat in my lap again after a few clicks, was picking up the balls for quite a while. I know with this they are supposded to be putting the ball in your hand but I just don't know how comfy he is with my hands moving all around him. So I offered this small white bowl that he's been around before. After around 3 broken down steps in clicking, he was putting it into the bowl. It was so awesome just watching him thinking about what he was doing, analyzing and problem solving... it was exhilirating and it felt really great. I'll try to get April to take pics at some point, because I certainly couldn't spare a hand.

Gus actually tried fresh food today!!! Which gets us that much closer to doing some real clicking, since prior to this he wanted nothing to do with real food. Just pellets. But we did some targeting and he did a great job!!! We're still working on strengthening our step up, which half of the time, he seems to thinks means "preen mom's hand" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment